Friday, November 26, 2010

Chapter 33

"Bow to the living God!" He ordered , but I instinctively grabbed my sword. After all that I'd suffered in my own age and the misery of all of the ages I'd visited, nothing could make acknowledge this creature as the true God. Mahan's personal guards rushed to seize me, but my fencing out maneuvered them. The sword slashed deep gashes into their arms and they cowardly withdrew to nurse their wounds.

“What magic is this?” He asked pointing to the sword.

"Bow to the living God!" He ordered , but I instinctively grabbed my sword. After all that I'd suffered in my own age and the misery of all of the ages I'd visited, nothing could make acknowledge this creature as the true God. Mahan's personal guards rushed to seize me, but my fencing out maneuvered them. The sword slashed deep gashes into their arms and they cowardly withdrew to nurse their wounds.

“What magic is this?” He asked pointing to the sword.


“It is the knight’s sword,” I said boldly.


The Mahan hesitated, eyeballing me with his keenly brown eyes. His long fingernails pointed towards the Celtic cross . "Is that also part of your magic?" He asked.

"It is from another country. Ireland.”

"You lie! There is no other country . Give it to me. I want it for myself." The continents had not yet divided, Canaugh was in the east and surrounded by oceans.

"No, and do not try to take it," I said swishing the sword in a fencing demonstration.

"What is the power of the knight’s sword?”

"It is swift and deadly. If you touch it, you shall die."

“Bring forth the cross that I may examine it’s magic," he said with a cunning persuasion. I stepped forward and removed the cross. He was fascinated with the design. “What is the meaning of these circles and the cross?”

“The emblems represent the sun god and the moon god. And the cross is a symbol that the gods protect Ireland on four sides.”

“This Ireland, does it have more treasure?”

This country of Ireland has great wealth.”

Then the Mahan took counsel with his cowardly guards who, fearing that I might cut them again with the sword, persuaded him not to agitate me further. “Let us more fully discuss the treasures. Are you not thirsty for food and wine," he coaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment